The Bedworth water tower, a Grade II Listed Building.
English bond brick. Plain-tile pyramid
roof has deep boxed eaves. Square plan. Simplified Romanesque style. 6 high
storeys; 3-window range. Ground floor is slightly battered. Double-leaf moulded
6-panelled doors and fanlight are deeply recessed within doorway of 6
simply-moulded brick orders and hood mould. Large framed panel above has
inscription 'BEDWORTH WATERWORKS 1898' in relief. Chamfered single-light windows
to left and right of door. Moulded string course. Main body of tower has each
face set back between large corner piers, and with deep splay to top and bottom.
Full-height narrow round arches have 4 storeys of windows, with terracotta
panels of floriated ornament between each floor. Return sides have blind arches.
Moulded string course and Lombard frieze. Top stage has large angle shafts.
Hallow-splayed sill. 4-bay arcades to each side have stone shafts, wooden
louvres and continuous hood mould. Shallow roof rises to steep pyramidal finial.
Interior has iron spiral staircase. The tower is approximately 45 metres high.
There was another water tower a few miles east, at the village of Bulkington. It no longer exists but a photo of it is in Bulkington War Memorial Club