The name Bradburn and Wedge has roots nearly as old as the motor industry itself. Mr W.H. Bradburn, who had been apprenticed previously to the coachbuilding firm, Forders, in Wolverhampton, built his first car in 1904. He later was to become one of William Morris' first dealers as early as 1912. Subsequent expansion of the business saw the company take on dealerships for Fiat, de Dion, Sunbeam, Swallow, Wolseley, Riley Bristol, AC, TVR, Scania, MAN/VW, Nissan and Rolls Royce over the years.
The 70,s and 80's saw the demise of BMC as a viable franchise and the Company was reconstructed around core property interests. Jonathan Bradburn, who had joined the firm in 1974, was instrumental in setting up a specialized car section with particular interest in 50's and 60's Historic Sports and Racing Cars and this has continued to this day.
Bradburn and Wedge premises, Darlington Street, Wolverhampton, 1930s.
His speciality in this field is for AC, Frazer Nash and Bristol cars amongst others.
The present company Bradburn and Wedge Properties Limited, trades as 'Jonathan Bradburn Historic Cars' and is based in the Isle of Man.